1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large English hothouse cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 cup flowering kale cut into thin strips
4 Tb cup chopped fresh mint
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and spread on flat tray to cool down.
2. Whisk lemon juice and gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with sea salt and pepper.
3. In mixing bowl combine; kale, parsley, tomatoes, parsley, mint, quinoa and scallions
4. .Mix with dressing season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
1 cup Panko*
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 TB grated lemon zest
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine Panko, lemon zest and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
3. Working in batches, dredge asparagus in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
4. Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
5. Serve immediately.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.