WINDSOR, Ontario (WJBK) - A tentative deal that was reached between union workers at Caesars Windsor earlier this week has been rejected.
The Local 444 Unifor said on social media Thursday they had reached a deal, but it was voted down Friday.
They said on social media only about 47 percent of the voters wanted the deal. Members are still be asked to report to their regular shifts for picket duty.
This was the second tentative agreement that has been reached since April 6, when more than 2,000 workers went on strike demanding better pay. Caesars Windsor has been closed since, postponing several concerts and canceling hotel reservations.
Kevin Laforet, Regional President, Caesars Entertainment, said in a news release the rejection was "unfortunate," and that the long-term effects here go "well beyond revenue loss." He apologized for the continued inconvenience to customers.
Caesars Windsor's website says concerts before May 31 will be postponed, and hotel reservations before that date are also canceled.