DETROIT (WJBK) - A garage caught fire Wednesday after a transformer explosion in Detroit.
The incident happened in the 19000 block of Spencer around 1:30 a.m.
The transformer exploded, coming off of the pole and setting the garage on fire.
Subsequently, two cars also caught fire.
Firefighters had believed they controlled the situation but then through the electricity lines, the fire spread next door to a garage.
The person next door was out of town on vacation for the holiday. That neighbor's car was burned in the incident.
Another neighbor says this isn't the first time this has happened in the area.
"I heard it -- the first explosion. I ran out in the alley, I looked down and I said not again, but this time this one actually exploded," Marva Hornung said.
No injuries were reported.
DTE was able to turn the power off so authorities could control the scene.
The neighbor on vacation is attempting to catch a flight home to assess the damage.