(FOX 2) - Crispy Fried Wing Toss
- 5 pounds chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 cup Seasoning rice flour
- 4 tablespoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
BLUE CHEESE DIP:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Ranch dressing
- Blue cheese dressing (RECIPE AS ABOVE) for serving
- Celery and Carrot sticks for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a heat-proof wire rack inside.
- Pat dry chicken wings liberally with paper towels, squeezing out as much moisture as you can. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the Rice flour, garlic salt, Lawry's seasoning salt and white pepper together, whisking well to combine, and sprinkle the mixture over the wings. Toss wings until evenly coated.
- Arrange on rack, leaving about 1-inch of space between each wing.
- Bake for 30 minutes; flip and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, (about 20-30 minutes longer), until golden browned and crispy.
- While wings are cooking, whisk together hot sauce, butter and honey. Toss wings through the sauce to evenly coat.
- Serve wings immediately with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, and celery sticks.