Garrido's Bistro and Pastry in Grosse Pointe offers dishes with an international flair.
Owners Vanessa Gonzalez and Christopher Garrido, both natives of Venezuela, dropped by the Fox2 Studios Sunday to share some of their favorite summertime recipes you'll find now on the unique, new summer menu.
Watch the video to see how they prepare dishes from all over Latin America, and try through Garrido's recipe for a Brazilian shrimp stew.
Brazilian Shrimp Moqueca Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 lb large shrimp (21 to 25 per lb), peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb diced tomatoes including juice
- 1 cup well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Annatto Oil*
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Learn more about the restaurant and get a glimpse of the menu here.