Wild Rice Salad
- 6 cups of homemade or canned vegetable or chicken stock
- 1.5 cups of wild rice
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 Roma tomato- diced finely
- 4 or 5 scallions including green part- finely chopped
- .5 cup pine nuts toasted and cooled
- .5 cup of raw unsalted pumpkin seed, toasted and cooled
- 3 bunches of watercress- steamed
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- .25 cup of honey
- .75 cup of canola oil
- Slat and fresh ground pepper
- In large sauce pan combine stock and wild rice- bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender- 45-55 minutes. Speed rice on backing sheet and let cool.
- Once cook, mix all ingrediencies and toss, add .5 cups of vinaigrette and toss. Refrigerate.
- To Serve: Put watercress on plate. Top with Wild Rice Salad.