St. Patrick's Day Desserts
There's a lot more to St. Patrick's Day than just corned beef, cabbage and a cool, frothy beverage. The Irish are also well know for their desserts and coffee.
Jim Brady's has been doing it all in Metro Detroit since 1954. Owner Tom Brady and Executive Chef Ian Hockenberger dropped by the Fox2 Kitchen Sunday morning to demonstrate how they make some of their signature desserts and drinks.
Watch the video, follow the recipes and click here for more information.
Mrs. Brady’s Famous Irish Coffee
- 1.5 oz. Irish whiskey
- 4 oz. black coffee
- 1 oz. whipped cream
- Sugar rim for glass
- Moisten the rim of the glass and coat with sugar
- Pour whiskey into glass
- Add hot coffee
- Top with Whipped Cream
Irish Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups cream
- 8 oz. egg yolks
- 1 qt Condensed Milk
- 13 oz. irish cream syrup (torani)
- 1/2 cup baileys, reduced
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
1. Scald cream
2. Temper egg yolks and combine with cream
3. Chill mixture and add to condensed milk
4. Add syrup, reduced bailey, and vanilla.
5. Mix well and chill
6. Freeze base in an ice cream maker of your choice.