Upscale Cuisine is among the Detroit area's premier catering and food delivery services, and offers a menu with more than 20 signature dishes to choose from.
Owner and Executive Chef Al El dropped by the Fox2 Studios Sunday morning with samples of the diverse menu and shared some of his favorite recipes.
Cajun Chicken and Shrimp 'Al's Fredo'
- Cook Penne in rapid boiling water. Rinse with cool water and set aside
- Add butter and heavy cream to a small sauce pan and simmer. Once cream and butter begin to boil, add salt, pepper, garlic and grated Parmesan. Whisk until cheese melts into sauce and simmer.
- In a small sautee pan add Jumbo Shrimp and season with Salt, Garlic and Cajun Spice. Drizzle with olive oil sautee both sides over medium low heat approximately 2 minutes each side.
- In a medium sautee pan add julienne peppers, onions and diced grilled chicken breast. Drizzle with olive oil, add Cajun spice and sautee over medium heat until ingredients are heated thoroughly.
- Drizzle Alfredo sauce over penne pasta and top with shrimp and Cajun chicken. garnish with grated Parmesan, Cajun spice and fresh chopped parsley.