(FOX 2) - Chef Craig Myrand and Ryan McLean from The Silver Pig restaurant in Howell joined us on The Nine to teach us about wine and oyster pairings.
You can hear more from them in the video player above, and get their recipes below.
The Silver Pig Oyster Rockefeller
5 ea Oyster (shucked and in shell)
5 tsp Rockefeller Mayo
5 Tbl Rockefeller Spinach
5 tsp Grated Parmesan
1. Place a teaspoon of Rockefeller mayo in the bottom of each.
2. Place the oyster in the mayo.
3. Place 1 Tablespoon of Rockefeller spinach on top of each oyster.
4. Sprinkle a teaspoon of parmesan on each oyster.
5. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
The Silver Pig Rockefeller Mayo
1 ounce Blend Oil
¾ cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbl Garlic (minced)
1 ½ Tbl Parmesan (grated)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1. Mix all Rockefeller mayo ingredients together.
2. Label, date and refrigerate.
The Silver Pig Rockefeller Creamed Spinach
Yield 3 cup
1 Tbl Butter
1 Tbl Flour
1 ½ cup Milk
1/3 cup Parmesan (grated)
½ tsp Kosher Salt
1 ½ Lbs Spinach (steamed and drained)
1. Melt butter in a sauce pot.
2. Add flour to make a roux. Let cook for 1 minute on low. Continually stir.
3. Add milk and let simmer for 10 minutes on low.
4. Stir in parmesan cheese and salt.
5. Mix spinach in.
6. Set aside to cool.