(WJBK) - Happy Wine Wednesday!
Today in studio joining FOX 2 is Liz Martinez, wine director and sommelier for Prime and Proper Detroit.
Villa Pozzi Nero D'avola - $10
- Paired with dark chocolate covered cherries
- This Villa Pozzi Nero D'avola is a fresh and balanced red wine with bright cherry flavors
- Nero D'Avola is a popular indigenous red wine grape from Sicily.
- Villa Pozzi has produced hand-harvested Sicilian wine for generations.
- Aromas of dry red clay and minerals, flavors- leather, makes the cherry sweet and the chocolate creamy
The Crossings Sauvignon Blanc - $15
- Paired with white chocolate covered pretzels
- Premium Sauv Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand
- White Grapefruit, flavors of white pepper and GF, hint of sweetness on finish.
- The pepper in the wine and the salt in the pretzel create a wonderful synergy which is ultimately this umami new flavor between the wine and the white chocolate cover pretzel
Josh Cellars Legacy - $15
- Paired with milk chocolate covered almonds
- Created by Napa Valley Vintner Joseph Carr in honor of his dad Josh.
- Josh is a high quality but well priced red blend-and there's no mystery about the varietals blended: Merlot, Zinfandel, and Petite Syrah
- The tannins really work well together between chocolate and wine which makes the almonds really POP
For more tips, visit www.WineFix.com