(WJBK) - This recipe for Wok Asian Bistro's oriental salad comes courtesy of owner Greg Richards. The restaurant in Northville, and Greg says their menu offers lots of options for vegans and those with allergies. For more information, visit www.wokasianbistro.com.
2-3 cups chopped chicken, cooked and chilled
1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
1/2 stalk bok choy, washed and chopped
1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c carrot, julienned
3 tbsp salted sunflower seeds
6 oz slivered almonds
1 package ramen noodles
3 Tbsp + 3/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
4.5 Tbsp sugar
4.5 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Whisk last five ingredients plus 3/4 cup oil and set aside as dressing
2. Smash the noodles from ramen bag (discard seasoning packet) and brown over medium heat in 3 Tbsp oil. Once noodles have begun to slightly brown, add almonds.
3. Once noodles and almonds have turned golden brown, remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Combine chilled chicken, cabbage, bok choy, green onion, carrot, sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
5. Add dressing and toss together, then plate and top with ramen noodle mixture.