(WJBK) - A ticket amnesty program begins in Wayne County on Monday.
The program allows people to pay off outstanding tickets without late fee penalties. In return, courts are able to clear a backlog of files without additional court resources and collection costs.
A number of district courts in Detroit's suburbs will take part -- many in western Wayne County and downriver, as well as Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe Park.
The event runs Monday, March 28 through Friday, April 29. All payments must be mad in money order, certified check, credit card or cash.
Previous amnesty programs have resulted in huge turnouts.
List of courts participating in Wayne Co. ticket amnesty program:
- 19th District Court (Dearborn) - Phone number: (313) 943-2060
- 20th District Court (Dearborn Heights) - Phone number: (313) 277-7480
- 22nd District Court (Inkster) - Phone number: (313) 277-8200
- 24th District Court (Allen Park) - Phone number: (313) 928-0535
- 25th District Court (Lincoln Park) - Phone number: (313) 382-8503 option 1
- 27th District Court (Wyandotte) - Phone number: (313) 324-4475
- 28th District Court (Southgate) - Phone number: (734) 258-3068
- 29th District Court (Wayne) - Phone number: (734) 722-5220
- 32A District Court (Harper Woods) - Phone number: (313) 343-2590
- Grosse Pointe Park Municipal Court - Phone number: (313) 822-3535