(STORYFUL) - Police officers and firefighters rushed to save the life of a choking puppy that had been brought into the North Reading Police Department in Massachusetts on Sunday, March 4.
The nine-week-old Saint Bernard puppy, Bodhi, was taken into the lobby of the police station by its owner and an acquaintance after it had begun choking on food, police said. By the time that officers began rescue efforts, the puppy had stopped breathing and was limp and unresponsive.
The first responders hit the puppy's back and compressed its chest until the obstruction was cleared. Firefighters, based in the same building as the police department, provided the revived dog with oxygen before it was treated by a veterinarian.