Simplest Asian Dressing
The delicate flavor of rice vinegar along with the other Asian ingredients in this vinaigrette is ideal on tender greens like mizuna or mâche.
SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT ½ CUP
• ½ small garlic clove, finely grated
• 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
• ½ cup olive oil
• ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Whisk garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil, then sesame oil (dressing will thicken slightly); season with salt and pepper
• 12 oz Tender Greens of your choice
• 2 ea Orange Sections
• 1ea julienne red pepper
• ¼ c cashews
• Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Place cashews on a cookie tray, or oven ready pan. Roasted until golden brown 3 to 4min.
In a large mixing bowl, pour in a desired amount of dressing. Place greens inside of bowl. Lightly toss until all greens have been coated. Arrange greens on platter or bowl of choice. In the same bowl , toss red pepper in and then top greens, with cashews, oranges, and red pepper.
1 mixing bowl (that will sit on top of saucepan)
Fondue serving set
Handy fuel or denatured alcohol
2 cups heavy cream
1 pound premium semisweet chocolate(chocolate chips if you want)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon brandy
Strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallow, cookies, or any other dipping item of your choice
Put approximately 4 inches of water in the saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Place the mixing bowl on top and pour in the heavy cream; let heat. Meanwhile, break up or chop chocolate into small pieces. When the cream feels hot to the touch, add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and brandy.
Pour into the fondue pot and light the handy fuel underneath; keep the flame low as not to burn the fondue. Arrange strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallow, cookies or any of your favorite items on a platter and enjoy.