Weekend road construction to watch out for in Metro Detroit - Sept. 17-19
DETROIT - There will be fewer orange barrels out in force this weekend, at least for the drivers north of Detroit.
However, the local lanes on I-96 heading west will be closed, which means off-ramps along the busy freeway will be closed as well.
- Wayne - NB I-75, McNichols/6 Mile to 8 Mile, 1 LANE OPEN, 3 closed intermittently, Fri 9am-3pm.
- Wayne – NB I-75, Holbrook to McNichols, 1 LANE OPEN, 3 closed intermittently, Sat 5a -7p.
- Macomb – EB/WB I-94, 9 Mile to 10 Mile, 2 lanes open, left closed, Fri Noon-3pm.
- Wayne - WB I-96 LOCAL LANES CLOSED, Davison to M-39. Fri 8pm-Mon 5am.
- All on/off ramps closed; Wyoming, Schaefer, Outer Drive, Greenfield, Evergreen, M-39 RAMPS CLOSED. WB 96 EXPRESS LANES ONLY OPEN FROM DAVISON TO US-24/TELEGRAPH. NO ON/OFF RAMPS.
- Wayne – NB/SB I-275 under I-94, 1 LANE OPEN, Fri 7pm-Mon 5am.
- Wayne – NB I-275 RAMP CLOSED to WB I-94, Sat 8am thru late Oct. Detour is EB I-94 to Vining to WB I-94.
- Wayne - SB I-275 ramp CLOSED to WB 94 thru late Oct. Detour is SB I-275 to Eureka to NB I-275 to WB I-94. Use Eureka Road for airport access.
- Oakland – WB I-696 RAMP CLOSED to NB M-5, Sat 6am-6pm.
- Wayne – WB M-8 RAMP CLOSED to NB I-75, Sat 5a-7p.
- Wayne – EB M-8 at Oakman Blvd, 1 LANE OPEN, 2 closed, Sat-Sun, 7a-5p.
- Wayne – WB M-8 at Oakman Blvd, 2 lanes open, 1 closed, Sat – Sun, 7a-5p.
- Wayne - NB M-10 at Livernois, 2 lanes open, 1 closed intermittently, Fri 9am-3pm.
- Macomb - NB/SB M-19 CLOSED Weber Rd to Bordman Rd, Fri 5pm-6pm.
M-39: (Southfield Fwy)
- Wayne – NB/SB M-39 RAMPS CLOSED to WB I-96, Fri 8pm-Mon 5am.
- Macomb - WB M-59, Mound to Ryan, 1 LANE OPEN, 3 closed, Fri 9am-Sun 7pm.
- Macomb - Mound RAMP CLOSED to WB M-59, Fri 9am-Sun 7pm.
- Macomb - EB M-59 at Hayes, 3 lanes open, right closed, Fri 9am-3pm.
M-85: (Fort St)
- Wayne – NB/EB M-85 at Springwells, 1 LANE OPEN, Fri 7am-late Sept.