Listen, Father's Day is upon us. And when you're trying to make sure dad is having the best day possible, you know what he needs? BBQ, beef, and beer.
Julia Grelak and Chef James Lawson from Fox Hills bellied up to the FOX 2 kitchen on Wednesday to show you how to make exactly that. They put together Slow Roasted BBQ Brisket with a natural beer jus lie and a rosemary red onion barbecue sauce. Served with bacon wrapped shrimp and boursin spiny potato cakes.
Sounds good right? Watch them make it in the video above -- then try your hand it with the recipe below:
½ tbs. thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and cumin
3# of beef brisket
2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 cups Sweet BBG sauce
1 cup julienne cut red onion
¼ cup fresh chopped rosemary
12 ounces of your favorite beer
Combine all spices except the fresh rosemary in a bowl and mix
Combine Worcestershire, BBQ, rosemary, and red onions in a separate bowl
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. in a roasting pan place brisket and season w/ dry spices
3. Roast brisket about 45 minutes or until golden brown
4. Pour the beer over the brisket, turn oven down to 250 degrees and slow roast for about 6 hours
5. Check for fork tenderness after 6 hours and pour the BBQ mixture evenly over the brisket and continue to roast for 30 minutes being careful not to burn the sugars in the BBQ sauce.
6. Remove from oven and let stand for about 15 minutes, slice and serve as needed.