Celebrate Grosse Pointe Restaurant Week
The fifth annual Grosse Pointe Restaurant Week is underway and offers something for every food lover's taste buds. More than twenty restaurants are participating this year, including Garrido's Bistro & Pastry.
Owner Vanessa Gonzalez, and her husband, Chef Christopher Garrido, visited the Fox2 Studios Saturday with a sampling of some of their most popular menu items and shared some of their favorite recipes.
Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Stir-Fry Steak)
- 8 oz. beef tenderloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (2-3 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1/4 cup green onion, cut in rings
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut in 1/2- thick strips
- 1 tbs. red wine
- 1 firm roma tomato, cut in 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. french cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- French Fries and/or cooked rice, for serving
Learn more about the restaurant here, and visit the Grosse Pointe Chamber of Commerce website for more details about the event.