The fifth annual Grosse Pointe Restaurant Week is underway and offers something for every food lover's taste buds. More than twenty restaurants are participating this year, including Garrido's Bistro & Pastry.
Owner Vanessa Gonzalez, and her husband, Chef Christopher Garrido, visited the Fox2 Studios Saturday with a sampling of some of their most popular menu items and shared some of their favorite recipes.
Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Stir-Fry Steak)
- 8 oz. beef tenderloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (2-3 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1/4 cup green onion, cut in rings
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut in 1/2- thick strips
- 1 tbs. red wine
- 1 firm roma tomato, cut in 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. french cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- French Fries and/or cooked rice, for serving