(WJBK) - Bastone Brewery in Royal Oak has rolled out a new summer lunch menu. Chef Robert Young joined us in the FOX 2 Cooking School to tell us more about the new items on the menu. He also prepared their eggplant parmesan and shared the recipe, which you can find below.
For more information on Bastone, visit www.bastone.net.
6oz panko breadcrumbs
1oz parmesan cheese
12oz diced tomatoes
2oz trumpet mushrooms - or button
1 roasted red pepper
1oz fresh mozzarella
Tarragon to taste
1. Cut eggplant into slices approx. 1/3 inch thick.
2. Lightly coat on the bread crumbs and parm by placing first in the flour, then in the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
3. In a saucepan cook the mushrooms and add the diced tomato, add fresh tarragon to taste and salt and pepper.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan and sear the eggplant on each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
5. Mix the arugula, roasted red pepper, artichokes and feta and lay in a bowl.
6. Spoon the sauce over the eggplant and top with fresh mozzarella.
7. Bake in a 375 degree oven until the cheese is melted and brown.
Place on the bed of arugula salad and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.