(WJBK) - New Year's Eve is Sunday and if you're the designated driver, your drink doesn't have to be boring.
Joining FOX 2 from J. Baldwins and Testa Barra is mixologist Blaine Figard, along with director of operations Jeffrey Baldwin.
Drink #1: No Troubles, Just Bubbles
- 1oz Oleo Saccrum
- 5 oz orange San Pellegrino
To make the Oleo Saccrum:
2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
20 oz fresh OJ
1. Zest the 4 oranges into the bowl of sugar and put aside.
2. Juice the four oranges and any more if needed to produce 20 oz of juice.
3. Add the juice to the stove top and begin to heat making sure it doesn't boil.
4. Stir in sugar until sugar is dissolved, let stand until room temperature.
5. Strain and bottle.
Drink #2: Catch me Acai Mocktail
- 1.5 oz green tea simple syrup
- 1.5 oz berry syrup
- .5 oz lemon juice
- 2.5 oz soda water
1. Shake, strain, top with lemon lime soda.
2. Garnish with fresh blueberries.
To make Green Tea Simple Syrup:
2 1/2 cups of sugar
3 cups of boiling water
4 green tea bags
1, Add sugar to water and stir until dissolved and add tea bags.
2. Let sit until room temperature.
To make Berry Syrup:
1 pint blueberries
1 pint of blackberries
4 oz acai berry syrup
3 cups of sugar
1. Add all the ingredients into mixing bowl with sugar and knead until thick similar to dough.
2. Add 4 cups of boiling water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Let cool to room temperature, strain and bottle.