Monday is National Beef Brisket Day, and C.A.Y.A. Smokehouse Grill in Walled Lake has been serving up multiple delicious delicious featuring the prime cut of meat. Chef and Owner Jeff Rose visited the Fox2 Kitchen Sunday morning to share some of his favorite brisket creations. Watch the video above, follow this recipe, and click here for more information.
Smoked Brisket Gravy
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup bacon fat or butter
- 2# chopped smoked brisket
- 1 ea bay leaf
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup flour
- ½ gal whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large pot cook the onions slowly in fat until clear and tender.
- Add the garlic, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper.
- Add the brisket. Cook about minutes until all flavors are combined and the brisket starts to fall apart.
- Mix in the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Let cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.