Sunday is National Fajita Day, and to celebrate we turned to the experts at Applebee's, which just launched a collected of loaded fajitas on their menu.
Chef Hope Jones, general manager of the Commerce Township Applebee's, and Area Director Jeremy Hill dropped by the Fox2 Kitchen Saturday morning to showcase some of the new menu creations, including the loaded shrimp fajitas. Watch the video above, follow the recipe here.
Applebee's Loaded Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 12 Shrimp
- ½ oz. Chipotle Lime Seasoning
- 4 oz. Mexican Rice
- 8 oz. fajita vegetables
- 2 oz. queso dip
- 1/2” bacon (sliced)
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- ½ oz. Sizzle Sauce
- 2 Tortillas
- 1 Lime wedge
- Side of guacamole, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and pico de gallo
- Chipotle lime seasoning to the shrimp and mix until well coated. Cook shrimp at 145 degrees until pink and cooked through.
- Heat salad oil in a large skillet and add fajita vegetables. Sauté for 1 minute until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add in Mexican Rice.
- Add cooked shrimp and top with hot queso dip, bacon and cilantro.
- Serve in tortillas and finish with guacamole, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, pico de gallo and lime juice.