Ronnie's Meats is a staple at Detroit's historic Eastern Market. Owner Tom Bedway dropped by the Fox2 Studios Sunday morning with a wide selection of fine meats and meal ideas for the holiday weekend.
- Preheat oven to 325˚
- Using a back rib or St. Louis cut spare rib, pull membrane off inner part of rib and season generously with your choice of rib rub.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, at 325˚ for two hours.
- Enjoy with or without sauce. If sauce is desired, apply when ribs are done.
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Using an 8 to 10 lb. pork butt, generously sprinkle with Ronnie's Meats Rib Rub.
- Double wrap with foil and place in pan with enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook 4-5 hours in oven. You will know pork butt is done when the bone separates from the meat.
- Let it rest in pan for 10 minutes and then proceed to pull it apart/shred pork with 2 forks. It's best to shred pork before it completely cools.
- Mix meat with your choice of barbeque sauce and serve on buns.
- New York Strip Steaks, ¾" cut
- Olive oil
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and garlic in a shallow dish. Bread crumb mixture will cover 4 to 6 steaks.
- Salt and pepper both sides of steak. Lightly dip or rub steaks with olive oil.
- Coat steak with bread crumb mixture.
- Grill on high 3 to 4 minutes per side or a little longer depending on desired doneness.
- Serve with ammoglio sauce. See recipe below.
- Ammoglio Sauce
- 2-3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
Watch the videos above and click here to learn more about Ronnie's Meats.