(FOX 2) - Chef Kelli visited the morning show to prepare three brunch ideas for the spring season.
The recipes featured are below.
2 ¼ cups white vinegar
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
1 tablespoon sugar
1 bay leaf
½ small white onion, thinly sliced
1 ¼ teaspoons turmeric
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 small carrot, peeled into thin ribbon strips with a vegetable peeler
12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
1. Bring the vinegar, ¾ cup water, 3 tablespoons salt, the coriander seeds, mustard seeds, sugar, bay leaf, onions, turmeric and pepper flakes to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat,
stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar. Reduce the heat, cover and let the brine simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pierce each egg all the way through about 6 times with a cake tester or toothpick or pin.
3. Put half the carrots in the bottom of decorative glass bowl or jars with lids.
4. Add eggs to bowl/jar and then the remaining carrots. Ladle in enough brine to cover the eggs. Cover jars let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
5. The eggs will keep, covered by liquid and refrigerated, up to 5 days.
Rainbow Roasted Carrots
4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
¼ cup orange marmalade
2 pounds baby carrots (preferably rainbow), tops trimmed
Juice of three oranges
3 tablespoons raw honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup chopped candied pecans
1. Blanch Carrots: Place petit carrots in boiling water (then turn down to simmer) for about 3 minutes drain and cool with cold water or ice water.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons coconut oil in heavy bottom sauce pan, add juice and honey and stir 1 minute
3. Toss blanched carrots in bowl with oil mixture
4. Place sparsely on baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees about 20-25 minutes turning as needed. Carrots should start to look caramel in color, sprinkle pecans 5 minutes before carrots are done.
1 whole filet of Salmon
2 Tb olive oil
Sprinkle of sea salt & pepper
1/4 cup of everything seasoning
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup poppy seeds
• 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
• 3 tablespoons dried garlic flakes
• 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
1. Season fillet with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt & pepper.
2. Sprinkle everything seasoning generously over the top and drizzle remining tablespoon of olive oil over seasoning.
3. Roast Salmon in preheated 375-degree oven for 15-18 minutes until flesh is firm to touch.