Convicted killer worked at Metro Airport after prison release

Image 1 of 6

We are learning more about the Dearborn Heights man who admitted to killing his two children and two stepchildren and torturing his wife.

Gregory Green, who had been already convicted for murder, was working with a security clearance at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

Many question why Green was out of prison in the first place, he served 17 years after pleading no contest to killing his wife and unborn child on 1991. Green is facing 10 felony charges that could put him in prison for life, accused of brutally killing his two children, and two step children, while torturing his wife at their Dearborn Heights home Wednesday.

Green has been working at Metro Airport and officials say he drove an LSG Sky Chefs Service truck servicing the airplanes.

The airport authority said in a statement: "At Detroit Metropolitan Airport, our top priority is the safety and security of our 33 million customers and 18,000 employees and contractors.  We follow federal, state and local security regulations pertaining to screening and background checks of airport employees and contractors."

FOX 2 was also given a statement by LSG Sky Chefs which says:

"We are shocked and saddened by this tragic event that involved Gregory Green. Mr. Green has been an employee of our company for approximately one year. We follow all local, state and federal guidelines on employment records accordingly.

"Our employees are subject to background checks by our company and the TSA. We performed a 10-year period background check, and it did not indicate any issues with Mr. Green during that time frame. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this tragic event."

LSG Chefs did not say whether Green has officially been terminated, except that due to his current charges, they do not expect him to return back to work.

The community continues to rally around the family as well as his wife, Faith Green who survived the attack and was released from the hospital Friday.

A vigil for the four victims started Friday evening in the parking lot of  Dearborn Heights Annapolis High School, led by the football team.

Chadney Allen Sr., the father of the two eldest children and his wife Alicia said that they were appreciative of the outpouring of support.

"It is just overwhelming, we are truly grateful," Alicia said. "I am truly grateful and so is our family."

Allen said he has spoken to Faith.

"I can't speak on her behalf, but she's doing well," he said. "She needs her rest. There's nothing that can describe what she went through."

"She's doing very well," Alicia said. "I was surprised."

Allen said he is doing "the best he can."

If you would like to donate to the family which did not have life insurance and has to pay for four funerals, CLICK HERE for the GoFundMe.

A fundraiser is scheduled for the family 6- 10 p.m. on Oct. 8. It will be held at 3932 Pelham Street in Dearborn Heights, 48125. There is a $5 door entry, 50/50 raffle and portion of drink proceeds goes to the family, organized by PTO president who knew Chadney and Kara.