DETROIT (FOX 2) - Headed to Ford Field to watch the Detroit Lions take on the Las Vegas Raiders in a Monday Night Football matchup?
The NFL has a bag policy that limits the size and types of bags that can be brought in, and the stadium has a long list of items that will get you turned away at the door.
Here's what to know before you go:
Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags are allowed, though they cannot be larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches.
One-gallon plastic freezer bags are also allowed.
The only non-clear bags allowed are clutches, binocular cases, and camera cases that are 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches or smaller.
Exceptions are made for medical items, such as insulin, portable oxygen, small soft-pack coolers, and breast pumps.
Items allowed inside Ford Field
- Medically necessary items including insulin, medication, portable oxygen, small so pack coolers and breast pumps
- Infant items in a clear bag (bottles, formula) are allowed with a child. Diaper bags are not allowed per the NFL Bag Policy.
- Small radios (must be used with an earpiece or headphones)
- Umbrellas, small compact only. Must be placed securely under the seat.
- Handheld posters & signs without poles or sticks. Must not block another guest’s view.
- Battery operated clothing or signs if approved aer thorough inspection. Loose batteries & wires are not allowed.
- Football helmets. Altered helmets equipped with spikes or any other item that can be used as a weapon are not permitted.
- Tablets (iPads, Kindles, etc.) Inappropriate subject matter should not be displayed and must not block another guest’s view
- Seat cushions not exceeding 15" x 15" and must not contain arm rests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs
Items not allowed inside Ford Field
If you try to enter Ford Field with an item that is prohibited you may be asked to bring it back to your vehicle or have it confiscated.
Prohibited items include:
- Non-Clear purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, non-clear backpacks, book bags, diaper bags, non-clear fanny packs, non-clear cinch bags, grocery and paper bags, duffle bags, computer bags or luggage of any kind.
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
- Animals (except certified service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Balloons (air or helium)
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
- Banners or large flags
- Cameras with lenses longer than five inches
- Chairs including folding chairs or stools
- Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
- Drones and/or remote controlled aircrat
- Electronic equipment including laptop computers, video recorders, tripods and wearable video cameras including Go Pros.
- Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles, water bottles, flasks, cups, boxes, popcorn buckets, etc.)
- Handouts, items or goods intended for unauthorized sale, promotion, exchange or giveaway
- Illegal substances
- Knives, pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Marijuana, including medically prescribed, electronic accessories or paraphernalia associated with marijuana or illegal narcotics use.
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, poles, bats, clubs, Frisbees, etc.)
- Offensive, profane, political or commercial messages or images on signs and clothing that are distasteful or indecent
- Selfie sticks
- Strollers and infant car seats or carriers
- Umbrellas (large size)
- Weapons including handguns, tasers, chemical sprays, brass knuckles, etc.
- Wrapped gifts