Two men arraigned on charges related to Macomb County chase

Two men who police said led a wild chase through Macomb County and into Detroit were arraigned Thursday on felony charges.

The high speed police chase through Macomb County ended Tuesday morning in a Detroit neighborhood. They're accused of causing chaos in two counties and leading the chase at speeds of over 100 miles per hour.

One of them even is accused of stealing a sheriff's car. He was identified as Marcino Lattner, who was arraigned Thursday on four felonies including fleeing and eluding police and malicious destruction of police property.

Sterling Heights Police were called to the area of Hall Road and M-53 Tuesday to gunshots involving two cars: a Dodge Durango and Ford Fusion. When officers arrived, they found the Durango and tried to stop the SUV, only to realize it was also chasing the Fusion.

Three men were inside the Fusion and led police on a chase. At one point, someone got out of the car and circled back around to steal the police vehicle. Officers then chased the patrol vehicle as the driver in the stolen squad car started talking over dispatch to police, asking them where the nearest hospital was. He admitted he was the one they were chasing and telling them the driver of the Durango had been firing shots and he have been hit. 

That chase ended at I-94 and 12 Mile where he collided with a Macomb County Sheriff car. That suspect was taken into custody and nobody was hurt.

The other man charged was 30-year-old Anthony Brown. He was the one in bright red pants who was eventually tracked down in a Detroit neighborhood.

In court, he was once again in red pants.

"I'm gonna try to retain a lawyer once I know what's goin on," Brown said.

He was arraigned with third degree fleeing and eluding - a 5-year felony - and operating a suspended license - a one-year misdmeanor. He was given a $100,000 cash bond and will be on a GPS tether if released.

Lattner, was has already served time for unarmed robbery, was given a $250,000 bond. He claimed that he was shot at by police as he tried to surrender.

"Is there any reason why the police discharged their firearms twice, when I was unarmed and I had my hands up?" he asked.

The judge informed that was a discussion he should have with his attorney.

Lattner and Brown are both due back in court April 18th. 

A third passenger, who got out of the Fusion in Detroit and ran the opposite direction, is still on the run. Anyone with information about him is asked to call police.