(FOX 2) - Chef Bobby Nahra from Encore Banquet and Event Center joined us on The Nine with some recipe ideas for your Super Bowl party.
You can watch in the video player above as he prepares Korean spicy fried chicken thighs, and get his recipe below.
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
oil for frying
1/3 cup Korean gojuchang red pepper paste
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
1. Toss the chicken in the flour, then dredge into the egg and finally coat in the cornstarch.
2. In a large glass bowl add the gojuchang, vinegar, brown sugar and soy sauce and whisk until well combined.
3. Heat up a heavy bottomed pan with 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees.
4. Fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until browned and crispy.
5. Drain the fried chicken and add to the bowl with the sauce.
6. Toss to combine, garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately