Curried Yogurt Chicken with Panko & Cucumber Dill Sauce with Chick Peas
4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
¾ Cup Plain Low-Fat Yogurt
1 Lemon, Juiced
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Curry Powder
1 Cup Panko Crumbs, Seasoned
To Taste Salt & Pepper
¼ Cup Butter
1TBSP chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place yogurt in a small bowl and stir until creamy smooth then add the lemon juice, garlic powder and curry powder and stir together.
3. In a separate shallow dish or bowl have your panko crumbs..
4. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with vegetable spray.
5. Dip each chicken breast in the yogurt mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture (coating completely but not heavily).
6. Place the coated chicken breasts in the baking dish and top each breast with a full pat of butter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and bake in the preheated 350 F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
8. For Cucumber Dill Sauce with Chick Peas, purchase Nino's Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad, puree and add canned (rinsed) chick peas.
Makes 1 Cup
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
4 Roasted Garlic Cloves, Minced
½ Lemon, Juiced
2 tsp Fresh Mint, Chopped
1/3 Cup Peeled & Seeded Cucumber, Minced
To Taste Salt & Pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Yogurt Fruit Dip
Makes 4 Servings
2 TBSP Kool-Aid Strawberry Flavor Sugar-Sweetened Soft Drink Mix
1 Cup Vanilla Low-Fat Yogurt
Your Choice Fresh Melons, Pineapple or Berries
Combine drink mix and Yogurt and whisk together well.
Serve with fresh fruit for dipping.
Frozen Banilla Tart
Makes 6 Servings
Satisfy your dessert craving with this Frozen Banilla Tart with bits of chocolate and coconut.
6 Medium Bananas, sliced lengthwise and in half
¼ Cup Rum (optional)
¼ Cup Honey
1 Cup Shredded Coconut (reserve a tablespoon for garnish)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (reserve a tablespoon for garnish)
¾ Cup Butterscotch Chips, melted
1 Each Graham Cracker Crust
4 Cups Stoneyfield Farm Low fat Banilla Yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium sized bowl drizzle bananas with rum and honey. Place on non stick baking sheet and cook in oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
3. In a medium sized bowl combine Yogurt, coconut, and chocolate chips.
4. Melt butterscotch chips in double boiler or microwave (medium-high for 1 minute, then 15 second intervals to follow until melted).
5. Arrange caramelized bananas in ready made pie crust.
6. Drizzle with melted butterscotch.
7. Top with Yogurt mixture. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
8. Use a knife that has been run under hot water to slice. Garnish with chocolate chips and coconut.
Zucchini Yogurt Muffins
Makes 24 - 2" size
1 ½ Cups All-purpose Flour
¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
¾ Cup Oat Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
3 Ex. Large Eggs
½ Cup Vegetable oil
½ Cup Applesauce
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
¾ Cup Honey
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Shredded Zucchini
1 Cup Shredded Carrots
½ Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
½ Cup Raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease 24 muffin cups or use paper liners.
3. In a bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, yogurt, sugar, honey, and vanilla.
5. Mix the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
6. Fold in the zucchini, carrots, pecans, and raisins.
7. Scoop into the prepared muffin cups.
8. Bake 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Cool 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.