Boy playing with lighter starts fire, burns down Sterling Heights apartment

A home destroyed in Sterling Heights, started because an 11 year-old boy was playing with a lighter. A home at the Autumn Woods apartments caught fire, no other homes were impacted. 

We are told the boy set a paper towel on fire.

"I was awoken by my son, 'the house is on fire' I was in disbelief and shock. We went and knocked on doors, and a lot of people didn't come out and it scared me. Then when I seen smoke coming out of the windows that's when I started getting loud and screaming our house is on fire get out of your houses. Everything is gone, everything," Michelle Dalessandro said.

Fortunately, no one was hurt, the Red Cross is helping to find a place for the family.