Start 2023 right by getting out and enjoying the first full weekend of the new year.
Have an event you want to see featured? Email me at email@example.com
Winter at Valade’s Fire and Ice Weekend
- Friday, Jan. 6 through Sunday, Jan. 8
- Valade Park at 2670 Atwater in Detroit
This fest features winter medieval fun including ice sculptures, ax throwing, and more.
Frost & Foam Outdoor Party
- Saturday, Jan. 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Royal Oak Brewery at 215 E. 4th St.
The Biergarten patio will be open to celebrate despite the cold.
The brewery will feature its batch of Winter Seasonals, and pints of its brews will be only $4.
Family Day at Barcade
- Sunday, Jan. 8 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Barcade at 666 Selden in Detroit
On the first Sunday of each month, the kids to Barcade for games and food.
- Now through Jan. 8, 2023
- Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak
Wild Lights starts this weekend at the Detroit Zoo.
Nearly 300 lit-up sculptures will fill the front of the zoo through Jan. 8, 2023.
Tickets for Wild Lights range from $17-$24, with packages available as well.
Night Light Hike
- Friday, Jan. 6 from 6:30-8 p.m.
- Nankin Mills Interpretive Center at 33175 Ann Arbor Trail in Westland
Go on a naturalist-led night hike to see what creatures are still out on a winter night. Lanterns with red lights are provided.