Suspect charged in a violent assault and rape of Northville couple during robbery

Two suspects were arrested in a violent armed robbery and sexual assault in Northville Township on Jan 20. 

The attacks took place with a 1-year-old present, inside a residence at Eight Mile Road and Silver Spring Drive, according to police. A man was assaulted and a woman was raped, leading to the arrests of suspects from Detroit and Taylor.

The suspects and the victims were meeting up for an online sale.

"The incident itself lasted about 20 minutes from start to finish," said Detective Dan Jones with Northville Township police.

The Detroit suspect is identified as 29-year-old Javon Bryant Anderson. The Taylor suspect has not been named yet, pending his federal arraignment, and was transferred to federal custody to face federal weapons charges.

"In total, there are 26 different charges that were applied," Jones said.

Javon Bryant Anderson

Javon Bryant Anderson

The male resident was lured outside and beaten, then was forced back inside his residence where he was continually assaulted, police say. At that point, the suspect violentally sexually assaulted a female inside the home while the male victim and their 1-year-old were held at gunpoint. 

"Through intensive investigative efforts, the Northville Township Police identified two suspects," said Northville Township police in a release. "On Feb. 5, in a coordinated effort involving the Northville Township Detective Bureau, FBI SWAT, FBI Violent Crimes Task Force, Michigan State Police, and the Canton Special Operations Group, search warrants were executed at residences in Taylor and Detroit."

Anderson’s bond was set at $500,000. He is a convicted felon. 

"In my 17 years (of) experience here, this is a very abnormal incident," Jones said. "There was surveillance that was conducted, both electronically and physical(ly), over the course of a two a week period."

The victims were treated at a nearby hospital and released.

"The victims are OK," Jones said. "Obviously, they're going through a process, and they went through a lot of trauma which takes some healing."

Anderson's next court date is Feb. 16.