Plenty of annual events return this weekend.
Have an event you want to see featured? Email me at email@example.com.
Motor City Car Crawl
- Downtown Detroit (Beacon Park, Cadillac Square, Campus Martius, Capitol Park, Grand Circus Park and Spirit Plaza)
- Thursday, August 5, noon-9:00 p.m. Friday, August 6, noon-10:00 p.m. Saturday, August 7, noon-10:00 p.m. Sunday, August 8, noon-5:00 p.m.
This FREE event in downtown Detroit is produced by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association (DADA) and showcases new vehicles from Metro Detroit area dealers at the six parks listed above.
Wayne County Fair
- Wayne County Fairgrounds in Belleville
- Monday, Aug. 2 through Saturday, Aug. 7
The 75th annual Wayne County Fair includes a carnival, animal shows, food trucks, craft vendors, an off-road derby, ATV racing, and more.
Check out the full schedule of events here.
Hamtramck Music Fest
- Thursday, Aug. 5 through Sunday, Aug. 8
The Hamtramck Music Fest is typically held in March. However, that wasn't possible this year so a Summer Edition of the festival is being held instead.
A $15 provides access to all four days of live music at indoor and outdoor venues.
See a full list of performers and buy tickets here.
Blues, Brews, and Barbecue
- Thomas H. Brown Central Park in Westland
- Friday, Aug. 6 at 4 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 7 at 2 p.m.
Westland's Blues, Brews, and Barbecue includes live music, activities for children, food vendors, a BBQ competition, a drone light show, and fireworks. A family fun time event will be held from 2-4 p.m. Saturday before general admission begins at 4 p.m.
Harrison Township Parade of Lights
- Clinton River
- Saturday, Aug. 7 at 9 p.m.
Boats decked out in lights will sail the Clinton River this weekend.
The parade begins at Lambrecht Marina and will travel to Bridgeview to Harley Ensign Memorial Launch, back to Lambrecht Marina. It can be viewed at Bumpers Landing, Crews Inn, along the Clinton River, and at Harley Ensign Memorial Boating Access Site.
Donations will benefit The ReJoyceful Animal Rescue in Clinton Township.
Thunder Over Michigan Air Show
- Willow Run Airport in Van Buren Township
- Saturday, Aug. 7 and Sunday, Aug. 8 at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Thunder Over Michigan returns to WIllow Run Airport with four weekend airshows.
The morning shows feature the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, B-25 "Mitchell Madness, and the F-35 Demo Team. The afternoon shows include the B-25 "Mitchell Madness" and the U.S. Air Force. Thunderbirds.
Tickets are $185 per vehicle.