Levertis Riley IV was charged with counts of homicide, home invasion, and felony firearm after he allegedly shot and killed a 31-year-old man on East Outer Drive.
The incident happened on June 18 around 10:40 p.m.
According to police, the victim was shot multiple times in the 5000 block of E. Outer Drive before Riley fled in a silver older model Buick with another man.
Officers responded to the scene to perform CPR on the victim before medics arrive. The victim was pronounced deceased at the hospital.
A region-wide search was initiated for Riley after he was identified. However, police warned he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Riley was charged with:
- One count of premeditated murder in the first degree
- One count of felony murder
- One count of home invasion in the 1st degree
- One count of home invasion in the 2nd degree
- One count of firearms possession by a felon
- Four counts of felony firearm
Riley was arraigned Wednesday and plead not guilty.
A probable cause conference is scheduled for Aug. 19.